Monday, November 24, 2008

Fried risotto and pistachio gelato.

Wonderful days filled up our weekend. It all started off with a special tour of the Capitol Visitors Center, before it opens to the general public (thanks law school). We got to go inside the rotunda to look up at the Capitol dome. What a beauty. All nine million pounds. The dome ceiling features a painting of George Washington ascending up to heaven. He has a pink blanket on his lap.
The Twilight movie also joined the weekend mix. I’m not too cool for Twilight and I’m not ashamed to admit that the movie was pretty good. But even better than the movie were the fried risotto balls stuffed with mozzarella, the eggplant parmesan and the beautiful pale green pistachio gelato that we had for supper. The pistachio gelato may be one of the best ice cream treats we have ever had. Ever. Then the Utes beat the Cougs. Yay for them! Jared wasn’t too heart-broken over it, and I tried my best not to rub it in.
I didn’t clean the apartment, I didn’t think about work, I didn’t run too many errands, I didn’t slave away in the kitchen (too much), I was basically selfish. Being selfish every now and again is ok, I hope. Now I think I’m ready for a refreshingly short two days of work. Thank you, Thanksgiving, for making my week! Monday has never felt better.

P.S.
Look at my beautiful Grandma at her birthday party. I wish I could have been there.

No comments: