Saturday, May 23, 2009

And then...we drove 2736 miles.

It’s been a heck of a few weeks. First and foremost, my fine husband graduated from Georgetown Law School. He now has the honor of being a Son of Georgetown. I couldn’t be prouder. After three years of hard work he has his fat, juicy diploma in hand. Most of his family and my parents were able to attend the festivities. We were all so impressed with his grand achievement.
The day after graduation we had to pack up our apartment and start our journey to the west. Leaving DC was hard. If somebody would have told me three years ago how difficult leaving would be I wouldn’t have believed them. Even though I knew the time was coming, it all seemed to happen so suddenly. Leaving our friends was the worst. But we had to press forward.
(On the water in Jamestown)
With the Corolla jam packed we started our drive to Zion. Along the way, we visited Jamestown and Yorktown; Asheville, North Carolina (where we ate at one the top ten most unique McDonalds); Nashville, Tennessee (where we had some brisket); Carthage Jail and the Nauvoo temple. I especially enjoyed Carthage Jail and the Nauvoo Temple. The spirit was strong in the Carthage Jail and the Nauvoo temple was just beautiful.
(Tennessee state line)

(Carthage Jail)

(Nauvoo Temple)
Jared’s parents have been kind enough to let us shack up with them until we make our move to California. We are now living the good life, surrounded by horses, cows, sheep and silence. It was so quiet last night it made my ears hurt. I am used to planes, trains, busses and sirens lulling me to sleep. Now mooing cows accompany me as I slumber. Anyhow, as my dad likes to put it, we are officially back in the shade of the temple. I look forward to what the summer has in store – from the city to the farm.

3 comments:

Jenny Boo said...

I love all your pictures and am so excited you are home for the summer. Love ya!

Traci said...

I am so excited you are home as well! Can't wait to have some fun in the sun with you!

Terry said...

Welcome back Jamie! What an awesome achievement for Jared! You guys have so much more adventure to look forward to. :)